Thursday, October 20, 2005

ACEO #6 in "Hand Dyed" Series

ACEO #6 in "Hand Dyed" Series
ACEO #6 in "Hand Dyed" Series,
originally uploaded by sugarpinkrose.
This is one of the earlier art cards in my "Hand Dyed" series. I am particularly proud of this one, and I held off for months before listing it on ebay because I love it so much! The flower centers are gorgeous vintage red buttons. I think they MIGHT be Czech glass but I am not sure. They were in a large lot of buttons that I bought on ebay~ some of the other buttons in the lot were mother of pearl, bone, and czech glass buttons that were mint on the card. These buttons were loose and unidentified however. I LOVE buttons but I don't know much about them! Whatever they are, I think they really enhance this ACEO. For Sale in my Ebay Store: Please Click Here to View More Details! Thanks very much for your interest!

2 Comments:

Blogger ...just me! said...

Amy-I love your hand dyed series! Do you use watercolor paper?
-Valeri :)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Amy Solovay said...

Thanks Valeri! :) I really appreciate the compliment.

For most of the series so far, I painted the dyes on Bristol board, and then backed the cards with Strathmore "Pure Paper". I am now almost out of pure paper and am having a hard time finding it~ I bought it years ago.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home