Sunday, November 13, 2005

"Reinterpreting Autumn", an Original Collage Painting ~ Sold

This collage is made from a variety of original miniature spin paintings; each one was individually hand-painted. I collaged the pieces together on a piece of plain white bristol board to form the final composition you see here.

My background as a textile designer is definitely evident when you look at this piece; I am fascinated with patterns that repeat. However this piece is unlike any of my fabric designs considering that none of the elements are actually the same; the spirals are similar to each other yet completely different. The color palette was inspired by various upholstery fabric samples in my collection, and the colors are very interior-design-friendly.

Sold via ebay auction; please click here to view the auction listing and more details. Thanks for your interest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home