Friday, November 18, 2005

"Standing Out and Fitting In", an Original Framed Collage/Assemblage ~ Sold

Original framed miniature collage/painting/assemblage. This piece is part of my new "Youth" Series.

The work incorporates dyes, lumiere metallic paints; vintage buttons and a bead (both plastic and glass); sewing thread~ the embellishments were sewn by hand onto the collage~ Polymer resin tiles with little tiny Guatemalan "Worry Dolls" embedded inside (the worry dolls used to be attached to a barrette that I wore a lot when I was in college~ I think the barrette really was from Guatamala but at this point I can't remember for sure); and the frame was totally different until I altered it to become what you see here, although you can still see a bit of its original texture peeking through.

The paintings that make up the collage are my own original artwork, including the tiny spin paintings~ they are hand painted. The dyed background is my own painting as well; the entire composition is my own work.

I would describe this piece as Contemporary, Modern, Abstract, Unique, and Fun.

This piece was sold on ebay via auction format. Please click here to view the listing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home